- 115 g good quality dark chocolate, chopped (we used Zotter 100% Peru black chocolate from Core Green)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 100 ml (confectioners') sugar
- 40 ml strong espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- ~40 ml Gozo extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of dried mangos (Core Green)
Melt the chocolate in a small bowl au bain-marie. Let cool to lukewarm. Sift the sugar. Beat the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the coffee and ginger to combine. Stir in the melted chocolate. Add the olive oil and mix well. Thoroughly wash the beaters so that they are free of grease. In another medium bowl, beat the egg whites until almost stiff. Gently fold one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and whisk until patches of white disappear. Repeat, whisking the remaining egg whites into the chocolate mixture, one third at a time, until patches of white disappear. Do not overmix. Transfer the mousse into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve cold with dried mango.